If you're under the legal drinking age, avoiding those extra alcohol calories (even though it's sweater weather) or simply don't drink alcohol, typical cocktails may not be the best option for your event. Awe Events ATX spent some time on Pinterest and created a list of our favorite mocktail findings. Break out of the standard soda and water options this holiday season and take your non-alcoholic drink game to the next level by using some of these recipes at your next event!
1) Candy Crush
- Sparkling apple cider
- Rock candy
This recipe is as simple as it gets as there are only two ingredients. This drink is perfect for children on New Year's Eve! If you're worried that there's too much sugar, swap out the sparkling apple juice to sparkling water!
2) Grinch Punch
- 2 13oz packets unsweetened lemon-lime Kool-Aid
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 12oz canned pineapple juice
- 1 12oz frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 liter of Sprite
- Red sanding sugar (for glass trim)
- Pour 2 quarts of water in a 1 gallon pitcher.
- Add the Kool-aid mix and sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in the lemonade and pineapple juice.
- Dip the rim of the glass in water then dip into the sanding sugar.
- Add Sprite and ice just before serving.
This is such a fun drink that your kids will enjoy drinking and you will enjoy making!
3) Mistletoe Mischief
- 3oz LaCroix Coconut
- 1oz Welch's White Grape juice
- Splash of grenadine
- Pour LaCroix and juice into martini glass.
- Add a splash of grenadine to the bottom of the glass using a straw.
- Garnish with a stick of cranberries.
We love this drink because it still feels like you're drinking a cocktail and it's pretty low in calories!
4) Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 hot cocoa packets
- 3 cups of ice
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate curls/sprinkles (optional)
- Add milk, cocoa mix and ice in a blender. Blend until most of the big ice cubes are smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top it off with whipped cream and chocolate curls/sprinkles.
Is anyone else drooling over this? Frozen hot chocolate is such a crowd pleaser. It might be difficult to bring to a party, but it's definitely something that can be easily made in the pleasure of your own home!
5) Apple Cider Floats
- Sparkling apple cider
- Fresh local apple cider
- French vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream, caramel sauce, cinnamon stick, ground cinnamon, apple slice (optional)
- Scoop the ice cream into a cup.
- Pour an equal amount of sparkling apple cider and fresh local apple cider.
- Add your optional toppings.
This is the ultimate treat for you to indulge in after your Thanksgiving feast. We're getting some serious #AutumnVibes from this awesome looking float!
6) Spiced Cranberry Cider
- 5 cups of apple cider or apple juice
- 5 cups of cranberry juice
- 1 1/2 cups of guava juice or mango nectar
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Honey and lime slices (optional)
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven, combine apple cider, cranberry juice, guava juice, lime juice, ginger, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat.
- Allow it to simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add honey to sweeten.
- Garnish with lime slices.
We always see so many cider recipes spiked with some sort of liquor, so we're extremely happy we found such a delicious alternative.
7) Caramel Apple Smoothie
- 4 apples, peeled and sliced
- Apple juice
- Whipped cream
- Nuts, cookies, sprinkles (optional)
- Layer all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add optional toppings.
Some may say this is a milkshake, but if we call it a smoothie that means we can drink this in the morning...right?
8) Christmas Morning Punch
- 2 cups of orange juice
- 2 cups of cranberry juice
- 1 cup of pineapple juice
- 1 cup of ginger ale
- Combine all ingredients into a pitcher and serve cold.
It's so easy to make, why wouldn't you try it?!
9) Jingle Juice
- Apple cider
- Cranberry juice
- Ginger ale
- Fresh apple slices
- Fresh cranberries
- Combine all of the ingredients together.
- Pour with your own discretion depending on what you want to taste more of.
This recipe actually had vodka in it, but we thought it sounded equally as tasty without it!
10) Cranberry Vanilla Autumn Punch
- 2 cups of pure cranberry juice, chilled
- 2 cups of unsweetened white grape juice, chiller
- 2 tbs of vanilla syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 cup of fresh cranberries
- 3 cups of 7UP TEN soda, chilled
- Pour cranberry juice, white grape juice and vanilla syrup into a pitcher.
- Stir in cinnamon stick, chopped apple and cranberries.
- Add 7UP TEN soda in immediately before serving.
We're closing out the list with this bad boy. If this was sitting out next to some alcoholic beverages, we think we would have to still choose this!
Which mocktail are you going try at your next event? Let us know in the comments below!
Looking for an event coordinator or event staff in the Austin area? Shoot us a message, book a complimentary consultation or ask for a fast quote. veronica@aweeventsatx 512-718-8086 www.aweeventsatx.com.
Best Event Planners in Austin Texas, Best Wedding Planner in Austin Texas, Corporate Event Planner, Event Staff in Austin Texas, Wedding Coordination in Austin TX, Day Of Coordinators Austin Texas,