1. Low Season, Low Prices- Hosting your annual convention or gala during traveling and convention low seasons saves you big on accommodations, transportation, venue & vendor fees. Low season months may vary depending on your geographic area, if you are in the West Coast I would recommend looking into January, February & May. September & October are considered low season for air travel but they are high season for conventions and expos, so it might be best to book venues & hotels far from the city center. Also keep an eye out for Holidays weekends, sport seasons and large special events ( i.e SXSW) .
LEARN MORE http://travel.usnews.com/features/The-Pros-and-Cons-of-Off-Season-Travel/
2. Days & Times- Book your venue from Monday to Wednesday and you'll be slicing your costs dramatically. If your conference needs to be on a weekend, schedule the mid-morning to mid- afternoon time slot. This gives the venue enough time to set up for the next event and they will be more willing to negotiate a better deal for you..
3. Digital Invitations- Traditional invitations are a thing of the past. They can cost up to $700 and demand many hours out of your planning schedule. Now a days websites like Paperless Posts carry both digital and paper invites, so you can send paper invites to the older generation and digital to the younger generation if this is a concern. This said there is no arguing that going digital has many benefits: it's environmentally friendly, less work intensive and makes RSVPs tracking a breeze.
LEARN MORE http://www.slate.com/articles/life/weddings/2013/06/online_
4. Simplify- Do you really need a buffet, a dessert station, 10 fully decorated tables, a furnished cocktail lounge , a live band and an open bar? All of these items add up quickly, specially if you are tending to a large group of people. Here are some tips on how to simplify: hire a DJ, have one hors d'oeuvre
5. Hire an Event Planner- Event coordinators manage event budgets for a living. They know the industry inside out, negotiate with vendors and prevent costly mistakes. Also think about the resources you'll save by not using your in-house staff.
LEARN MORE http://www.aweeventsatx.com
6. Splurge on One Big Item- Splurge one item that will make your event truly memorable and hold back on non-essentials. For example, if you have a conference, rent a simple venue and invest in a nationally acclaimed speaker that will leave your audience speechless. If your doing a fashion event, splurge on a glamorous background for photos and rent basic linens and simple flower arrangements.
7. Focus on Content- People tend to remember how an event made them feel, not how much money was spent on putting it together. Focus on developing an engaging activity list where you cater to your guest's needs and wants. Try incorporating a morning yoga session in your weekend conference or have a mini-gaming contest during break times; there are hundreds of inexpensive ways to make your event pop without spending big.
We want to hear from you. What are your tips for maximizing your corporate events budgets? Share your comments bellow. For more industry tips follow Awe Events Atx on twitter, facebook and instagram. Have an Awesome Day!
Best Event Planners in Austin Texas, Best Wedding Planner in Austin Texas, Corporate Event Planner, Event Staff in Austin Texas, Wedding Coordination in Austin TX, Day Of Coordinators Austin Texas,